Pupils work well together, supporting each other successfully with their learning. Pupils have good attitudes to learning, are engaged and interested. They clearly enjoy what they do. - Ofsted 2018
If you are interested in your child joining our school please contact Mrs. Walker on 01843 591807 or
At Dame Janet Primary Academy we have three vibrantly designed Reception classes, equipped to meet the needs of four-year-olds. Children start in a reception class in the September before their fifth birthday.
The reception classes offer children a happy beginning to their school life. Much emphasis is placed on play and project activities together with rhymes, songs, stories and discussions; we also help them to learn how to critique and record some of their findings and thoughts.
Our main aims are to:
• Stimulate their imagination and creativity
• Develop problem solving and thinking skills
• Enrich language development
• Form a basis of mathematical understanding
• Encourage the development of manipulative skills
• Offer the chance to explore different materials
• Develop muscular strength and co-ordination
• Create habits of listening and concentrating
• Establish the use of symbols and patterns which form the basis of reading and writing
• Extend their understanding of science and the world around them
• Respond to their needs to explore through their senses
• Above all, we want to help the children learn to respect and enjoy the companionship of other children and adults, develop their self-confidence and evolve a sense of security within the school routine.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Nursery (3 to 5 years) :
Apply direct to DJPA – children eligible after 3rd birthday
Our fully integrated nursery has a maximum of 52 places (26 morning and afternoon). Children are eligible in the term after their 3rd birthday and parents should apply direct to the school office.
KCC admissions applications opens in 11 November and closes at midnight on 15 January for:
primary or infant school places (reception year)
Key Stage 2 Year 3
Pupils in our Year 2 transfer directly into Year 3
If your child is currently at another infant or primary school and would like to apply to us please contact our school office and complete the on line admission form at
In year applications
We are always happy to receive applications for pupils of all ages and in all year groups.
Please contact our school directly to meet the Head Teachers and to have a tour of the academy.
Timetable for appeals - in the event of oversubscription
Your appeal will be heard at what is called a Hearing, within a time scale of 40 school days from 1st May 2018. It is likely to be heard in mid-late June.
Your appeal request should state your reasons for your request and any additional information/documentation/appendices should be submitted five days before the Hearing to allow time for it to be copied and distributed to all the interested parties. At least 10 working days before your appeal, unless you choose to waive this right, you will be sent detailed information regarding the process and also the date, time, place and names of the independent panel members who will hear the appeal.
The school is unable to guarantee that any original work/evidence/folders, submitted as part of the appeal, will be returned. Applicants may wish to submit copies in advance and then take important original documents verifying evidence to the appeal.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.