Pupils work well together, supporting each other successfully with their learning. Pupils have good attitudes to learning, are engaged and interested. They clearly enjoy what they do. - Ofsted 2018
If you are interested in your child joining our school please contact Mrs. Walker on 01843 591807 or email@example.com
At Dame Janet Primary Academy we have three vibrantly designed Reception classes, equipped to meet the needs of four-year-olds. Children start in a reception class in the September before their fifth birthday.
The reception classes offer children a happy beginning to their school life. Much emphasis is placed on play and project activities together with rhymes, songs, stories and discussions; we also help them to learn how to critique and record some of their findings and thoughts.
Our main aims are to:
• Stimulate their imagination and creativity
• Develop problem solving and thinking skills
• Enrich language development
• Form a basis of mathematical understanding
• Encourage the development of manipulative skills
• Offer the chance to explore different materials
• Develop muscular strength and co-ordination
• Create habits of listening and concentrating
• Establish the use of symbols and patterns which form the basis of reading and writing
• Extend their understanding of science and the world around them
• Respond to their needs to explore through their senses
• Above all, we want to help the children learn to respect and enjoy the companionship of other children and adults, develop their self-confidence and evolve a sense of security within the school routine.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Nursery (3 to 5 years)
Apply direct to DJPA – children eligible after 3rd birthday
Our fully integrated nursery has a maximum of 52 places (26 morning and afternoon). Children are eligible in the term after their 3rd birthday and parents should apply direct to the school office.
Reception Classes (4&5 year olds)
If you would like your child to start school with us you can apply online.
Please note: Application acceptance dates change yearly, please check the above website or contact KCC admissions to find out more.
Key Stage 2 Year 3
Pupils in our Year 2 transfer directly into Year 3
If your child is currently at another infant or primary school and would like to apply to us please visit the KCC website or contact our school office.
If you are unhappy with the school place you've been offered, you can appeal for any of the schools you named in your application.
KCC recommend you still accept the place your child has been offered. This will not affect your appeal and will guarantee your child has a school place if your appeal is unsuccessful. If your appeal is successful you must remember to tell the school you were originally offered that you no longer want the place.
If you weren't offered your chosen school, this is usually because the school is full and there were other children who more closely met the school’s oversubscription criteria.
Please see the KCC website for more information.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
In year applications
We are always happy to receive applications from pupils in any year group.
If you are interested in applying for a place at our school please contact us directly to enquire about places.
More information and an in-year admission form can be found on the KCC website: